Brackish Groundwater Nat'l Desal Research Facility
Alamogordo, NM 88310
The top 10 reasons for coming to the upcoming WIN Workshop at the Bureau of Reclamation’s Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility (BGNDRF) in Alamogordo, NM are:
- You will see and understand why BGNDRF is the best place in the United States for R&D, proof of concept, 3rd party validation, Reclamation verification, and demonstration testing of pilot scale desalination technologies and processes. Tours will be conducted of the 43-acre BGNDRF complex and you will see the tools and equipment available to clients including a mobile solar array, a solar concentrator, a greenhouse, portable HDPE storage tanks, etc.
- You will be able to network with potential partners from universities and businesses, and network with attendees from the Bureau of Reclamation’s Water Treatment Group and Department of Energy Technology Manager for the RAPID Institute and Energy-Water Desal Hub.
- You will be given the opportunity to give a 3-minute pitch about any subject such as research, services, products, etc. to the entire audience.
- You will hear a broad range of presentations by clients and former clients of the facility. See the attached draft agenda.
- You will hear about funding opportunities and prize events offered by the Bureau of Reclamation and Department of Energy.
- You will learn about PFAS in BGNDRF groundwater and potential research opportunities.
- You will hear about produced water treatment for reuse in New Mexico and produced water testing possibilities at BGNDRF.
- It’s a free workshop plus you will receive a free warm lunch and break snacks compliments of our sponsors.
- You will have the opportunity to tour the recently built and commissioned desalination plant for the City of Alamogordo.
- You will have an opportunity to visit the Alamogordo area and see one of the natural wonders of the world at nearby White Sands National Monument, visit the NM Museum of Space History, and visit the small nearby resort town of Cloudcroft at 8,668 ft of elevation. Additionally, you can drive through scenic vistas of central New Mexico to Albuquerque to attend the AMTA Workshop on Enhanced Recovery of NF/RO Systems the following 2 days (October 30th and 31st) after the WIN Workshop.
You can pick up tickets for the 2nd Annual WIN Workshop by clicking on the following link: WIN Workshop Tickets
You can register for the AMTA Enhanced Recovery of NF/RO Systems by clicking on the following link: AMTA Enhanced Recovery Workshop Registration
Many thanks to our sponsors!
Environmental Lab for Innovative Technologies (EnLITE), NMSU
Antelope Water Management
New Mexico Desal
Center for Inland Desalination Systems (CIDS), University of Texas at El Paso
University of North Texas ??" GreenDesal
Please contact Randy Shaw, Facility Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Monday, 28 October, 2019
Other Dates For This Event:
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend