Albuquerque Crowne Plaza
Albuquerque, NM 87102
SHRM NM 2019 Legislative Conference: Updates, Reminders, & What’s on the Horizon
This conference is pending up to 7 SHRM PDCs, HRCI credit hours and CLEs
April 2nd, 2019
This biennial conference brings together top employment law attorneys and other knowledgeable speakers to share the latest news on legislation, regulations, compliance, and case law.
You can expect to see:
- Emily Dickens, Chief of Staff, SHRM, with a federal update
- Bill McCamley, Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions, with the future of the DWS
- Dr. Martha Burk, national gender pay equity consultant, with current trends in the field, followed by a panel discussion featuring Jaclyn McLean, Partner at Hinkle Shanor, Jeremiah Ritchie, Associate at Sheehan & Sheehan, and Pamelya Herndon, CEO of the KWH Law Center for Social Justice and Change
- Labor Law Panel moderated by Kevin Gick, Associate Council at UNM, featuring Stephen Curtice, Associate at Youtz & Valdez, Danny Jarrett, Office Managing Principal at Jackson Lewis, and Ryan Randall, Director of Employee & Labor Relations at UNM Hospital
- Olsi Vrapi, Managing Partner at Noble & Vrapi, with Eduardo Garcia and Jazmin Coronel, Fellows at the NM ILC, sharing what HR professionals should know about immigration laws
- Loretta Medina, Senior EEOC Trial Attorney, with an EEOC presentation
- Quentin Smith Shareholder/Director at Sheehan & Sheehan with a state legislative update, “The Dam Burst: The 2019 Legislative Session”
- Winter Torres, Deputy City Attorney for the City of Albuquerque with Albuquerque Employment Law Initiatives
- The 2019 HR Professional of the Year award presentation and more!
Join us at the Albuquerque Crowne Plaza and be sure to stop by and visit the various exhibitors who will be waiting to share their services with you!
Check our website for updates to this event and learn about our April 1st event, Preparing New Mexico’s Workforce for 2020 and Beyond:What Business Leaders Must Know to Meet the Challenge! You can find it all at http://www.shrmnm.org/events.aspx or you can go ahead register at http://2019-shrm-nm-experience.eventbrite.com.
Questions? Please contact the following Committee Members:
Quentin Smith, Conference Co-Chair - email@example.com
Kevin Glick, Conference Co-Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this 2-day event? To learn about these opportunities, contact Charlie Sparks at email@example.com or access the Sponsor Registration form at bit.ly/sponsorshrmnm2019.
Tuesday, 02 April, 2019
Website: Click to Visit
Cost:Varies depending upon registration choice
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend