Albuquerque Crowne Plaza
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Preparing New Mexico’s Workforce for 2020 and Beyond:
What Business Leaders Must Know to Meet the Challenge!
April 1st, 2019
Businesses across New Mexico are experiencing a time of extraordinary transformation as technological, demographic, and social changes occur.
- Gain insight into how employers, policy makers, and educators all play a role in closing the skills gap
- Learn about global and national trends in workforce demographics and the continual need to adapt to a digital world
- Explore ways business leaders can work with other experts to create the best solutions to meeting the challenges we face
We’re bringing together game changers and bold thinkers to start a conversation regarding the opportunities that exist in New Mexico to reimagine the next generation of workforce.
- State of the State Address related to what’s on the horizon for New Mexico by Lieutenant Governor Howie Morales
- Discussion between global and local thought leaders in government, education, and business, including Johnny C. Taylor, SHRM-SCP, CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management, Cabinet Secretary of Economic Development, Alicia J. Keyes, Dr. Sam Minner, President of New Mexico Highlands University, and Vince Kadlubek, CEO of Meow Wolf
- Presentation by Tom Garrity, President & CEO of The Garrity Group, on the demographics of New Mexico’s workforce
- Presentation on what it will take to create a new business model that allows us to grow, attract and retain qualified workers by Mark Lautman, CEcD, Founder of the Community Economics Lab
- An optional afternoon of Masters level HR education, including Dr. Denise Montoya, SHRM SCP, SPHR, with “Disruptions in the Workplace: Preparing for What’s Next...The Future is Now!” and a presentation by Jamai Blivin, Founder & CEO of Innovate+Educate
- And New Mexico’s very first DisruptHR Event!
Join us at the Albuquerque Crowne Plaza and discover how can you be part of the movement to prepare New Mexico’s Workforce for 2020 and beyond!
You can learn more about this event and our April 2nd Legislative Conference on our website at http://www.shrmnm.org/events.aspx or register at http://2019-shrm-nm-experience.eventbrite.com.
Questions? Please contact the following Committee Members:
Bob Daniel, Conference Co-Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Marcus, SHRM NM State Council Director - email@example.com
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this 2-day event? To learn about these opportunities, contact Charlie Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org or access the Sponsor Registration form at bit.ly/sponsorshrmnm2019.
Monday, 01 April, 2019
Website: Click to Visit
Cost:Varies depending on registration choices
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend