Dates - 5 Consecutive Saturdays September 7, 2013 - October 5, 2013
Time - 8:30 AM -5:00 PM
Location - GSM 302
Corporations, government agencies, and other organizations are discovering the immense benefits of mediation over traditional adversarial methods of dispute resolution. The financial cost of unresolved conflict is high, yet measurable. Costs of litigation and grievance-handling are dramatically reduced by early mediation, preventing further escalation. Mediation not only resolves conflicts - it increases productivity, saves time and money, creates a safer workplace, and promotes a climate of cooperativeness.
This program is excellent preparation for those who plan to enter the field of dispute resolution and mediation, as well as for all individuals interested in acquiring mediator skills. The techniques, approaches and skills learned in this class have benefited professionals in HR, supervisory or managerial roles, corporate executives, and sales professionals.
- $1095 (Tuition Remission Accepted)
- Group Discount $100
- UNM Alumni $995
- Refer a friend discount $50
Students who successfully complete this 40 hour course are eligible for a Mediations Certificate allowing them to mediate professionally.
- Those whose job responsibilities include management of workplace conflict such as Human Resource Professionals, Corporate Executives, Nonprofit Directors and Managers, Union Officials, Office Administrators and Sales Professionals
- Professionals with a legal background or just an interest in the dispute mediation
- Organization development (OD) consultants, EAP, coaches, and other professionals
- Individuals who plan to enter the field of dispute resolution or mediation
- Individuals who would like to learn how to resolve interpersonal and family disputes
- Utilize the skills used to assist parties with divergent interests to reach a resolution
- Engage in mediations to develop an understanding of the mediation process
- Recognize ethics in the field, opportunities in commercial mediation and arbitration, and how to start building a practice as a mediator
- Improve your managerial skills
- Certification demonstrates credibility in your level of knowledge
- The truth is mediation skills are life skills!
- You and Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator/ Recognize and Dealing with Conflict's Root Causes
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation Part I /Stages of Mediation Part II
- Mediation Live and In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills/ We're All in This Together
- Bringing it All Together
- You Just Keep Getting Better/Closing
To receive the Anderson School's Certificate, participants must attend 37 of the 40 hours.
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.
- Anne Lightsey
Saturday, 28 September, 2013
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Career & Professional Development Programs
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend